Vance Joy Nation of Two Concert!!


Hi everyone!! I recently went to a Vance Joy concert in Sydney and I absolutely loved it!! I've waited sooooo long to see him perform live again ever since he supported Taylor Swift on her 1989 Australian tour. After that, I fell in love with his music!! I still remember being so upset that I missed out on his Dream Your Life Away tour. So when I found out he was going on tour again for his Nation of Two album, I was so so excited!! 

I had the most amazing night with my friend Vicki so I wanted to share it with all of you! This blogpost is going to be suuuuuper long because I'm going to be posting a lot of the videos that I took! I hope you like them too!!!!!

The first supporting act was a singer-songwriter from Melbourne called Didirri! I didn't know his music before the concert but I wish I did because his live performances were so so good. He's so underrated!! He also recently released his debut EP Measurements and my favourite song is Jude. Also, #supportsupports!!


Jude

And the final supporting act was Cub Sport!!! I'm so excited to tell you all about this alternative pop band from Brisbane!! When I discovered them in January, I was so sad that their Sydney show was sold out because I wanted to see them perform live so bad. But little did I know that they were going to be touring with Vance Joy later in the year!!!!!! The band consists of Zoe, Dan, Tim and Sam. They're all so cute and Tim and Sam recently got married too! I especially love their This Is Our Vice album so it's definitely going to be in my top 2018 albums blogpost so get ready for that!



Come On Mess Me Up - Cub Sport
This was the first song that I heard from them and it's been my favourite ever since. I love the lyrics and Tim's voice is crazy amazing!! I've waited so so long to hear this song liveeeee.

This is a new song of theirs that will be released very soon!! It's called Sometimes and it is such a bop!!

So Vance Joy's sophomore album Nation of Two was released in February this year and it is everything I needed. Every song is so special and he played so many from both of his albums all in 80 minutes!! I found an article by Triple J where they interviewed him about the stories behind the tracks on his album and I think it's so cooooooool. Check it out here!  Also, I love the story behind the name of the album. 

"The phrase Nation of Two reminds me about how your world begins and ends whenever you're with that one person," he explains, tying together the album's loose narrative of a "perfectly self-contained couple... The idea that their love for each other gives them their bearings, a point of reference that makes sense of life." 



Call If You Need Me - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

Fire and the Flood - Vance Joy (Dream Your Life Away)

Saturday Sun - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

Alone With Me - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

From Afar - Vance Joy (Dream Your Life Away) 



Mess is Mine - Vance Joy (Dream Your Life Away)

Like Gold - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

We're Going Home - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

Take Your Time - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

Georgia - Vance Joy (Dream Your Life Away)




Lay It On Me - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)
When this song was first released, I was in Barcelona at the time and I still remember watching the music video in my little motel room. It brings back so many memories which is exactly why I love listening to music so much.

Wasted Time - Vance Joy (Dream Your Life Away)

 Little Boy - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

Bonnie and Clyde - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

One Of These Days - Vance Joy (Nation of Two)

And that's it! I also bought a hoodie, a T-shirt and a tote bag! For this tour, Vance Joy replaced plastic bags with tote bags where all proceeds will go to Seeturtles.org Billion Baby Turtle campaign! He's so cute and thoughtful!!! I adore him so much.

Also, he is a Polished man again this year!! Basically, Polished Man is a campaign that aims to end violence against children and I'm really passionate about this. To show your support, you can paint your fingernails blue this October to spark conversations that inspire donations. All donations allow for trauma recovery and trauma prevention for children around the world. 



If you made it to the end, thank you so much!! I really hope you found some new artists and songs to listen to!! See you soon! Lol.