My Favourite Albums of 2017!

Hi everyone! Last year I discovered heaps of new artists and music so I thought I'd share them with you! I would describe my music taste as indie pop/acoustic/alternative. All these songs in my top 5 albums are so so good so definitely listen to them! (They're also not in any particular order)

Keep reading if you're interested!!! It's going to be a long blog post :)  




 1. How Will You Know if You Never Try - COIN

COIN is an American indie pop band and their music is just so fun. They are so underrated!!! I would love to see them in concert one day! I seriously love every single song on this album but my absolute  favourite ones are:

(Click on the image to listen!)

Talk Too Much
Malibu 1992
Hannah
This song is from their older album! Sooooo many feels.
I Would
Run





2. Beneath the Skin - Of Monsters and Men

OMAM is an indie folk band  from Iceland. 'Little Talks' was probably the first song of theirs that I heard and that was a loooong time ago. All the songs from 'Beneath the skin' are so real and raw. I love them all, especially the official lyric videos. Please watch them, they're so powerful. My favourites are:

Crystals
Empiree
Backyard






3. Same Kind of Different - Dean Lewis

I discovered Dean Lewis from an Home and Away promo ad lol. Then heard him on Riverdale lol. He's Australian (YAY) and also so underrated!! His lyrics are so beautiful. I was so sad that i couldn't see him in concert last year because it was only for 18+ at Oxford Art Factory :( Anyway, my favourites from this EP are:

Need You Now
This is the acoustic version of Let Go
Lose My Mind







4. Midnight - Lewis Watson

Lewis Watson is a 25 year old singer-songwriter from the UK. I first discovered him on my Spotify Discover Weekly (Thank you Spotify!!!!) with his song 'Stones Around the Sun.' Then I found his other songs and they are so amazing!! My favourites are:


Forever
Little Light

Also, check out his older album - The Morning. My absolute fav from there is Stay. Also, sooo many feels!!



5. Night and Day (Night Edition) - The Vamps!!

I love them so much! I've actually seen them in concert and met them in person twice!! They're so so real and sweet. Make sure you listen to all their older albums as well as this one because they are super young and talented! 

The reason why I particularly love this album is because it's so honest and shows how much the boys have grown as people and musicians. Also, this album was released when I was travelling in London!! It brings back so many memories when I was listening to their new songs on repeat on the bus and train :) I also got to meet the boys for the second time at a pop up store in London!!!! where they were promoting their new album.










My favourites from this album are:
Middle of the Night
Same to You

Also, Staying Up and Stay. 

Thank you so much for sticking around! Hope you check out these albums and show them some love. Let me know the artists and songs you enjoyed in 2017 or currently! Can't wait to share my favs of 2018 - I already have some in mind :)

- Kylie