Taylor Swift's 1989 Concert in Sydney!!


Hi! The summer holidays has finally started for us Aussies! And the first blog post of the holidays is gonna be a fun one!! 

Back in late November, I got the chance to go and see Taylor Swift and Vance Joy in concert!! I absolutely love every song on the 1989 album and this was my first time seeing Taylor and Vance Joy in real life! Also, Vance Joy's live performances are to die for. You HAVE to see him sing live with his guitar and band to understand. 

You know that feeling when you walk out of a concert and this wave of shock mixed with happiness hits you right in the face? I get that feeling every single time I leave a concert. Although the tickets were a bit pricey, it was definitely worth it. Just being in the same stadium as them is cool enough, but when they sing FOR you in that stadium, its beyond cool. 

I'm so happy I managed to take some clear photos so I hope you enjoy this blog post! Also I just want to say thanks to my sister, Carmen for taking me to the concert!



Vance Joy was the supporting act for the 1989 Australian and New Zealand tour and he sung on stage for a little over an hour. I wish he performed for longer!!






When the sun had set, the entire stadium turned on the flashlight of the phone for the song 'Georgia.' The lights, the song, everything - it was beautiful. 

Before the concert even started, I saw JAKE SPEER walking towards the row of seats behind me. If you didn't know, Jake plays the role of Oscar in Home and Away. I'm a huge fan of the tv show but I was so scared that maybe it wasn't Jake. I was staring at him for a while until I finally got the courage to ask him. He said yes and then I started crying. I'm an emotional person and it was just so overwhelming to actually meet one of my favourite actors on H&A. And on the same day as Taylor's concert??

After we took the photo, he ASKED what my name is and SHOOK my hand!! I was still tearing up and internally fangirling. Maybe if you're reading this Jake, thank you so much for taking a photo with me!! I really appreciate it and I still fangirl over this photo!







Can we just appreciate how amazing the lights looked. When we entered the stadium, the staff scanned our tickets and also handed out complimentary wristbands. And the cool bit was that the wristbands automatically flash all kinds of colours to the beat of every song Taylor sang.  


















Carmen also bought me the coolest shirt ever!! Thank you so much :) I love it and have worn it way too much. 






Thank you for reading! If you read it to the end, you're cool. Make sure you come back soon for a series of Christmas-related blog post!! 

- Kylie